Difference between Western Astrology and Vedic Astrology
The most popular forms of astrology is western astrology and vedic astrology, which are widely used by the astrologers world over. There are equal number of supporters for both forms of astrology, claiming to accurately predict the past present and future of an individual and acutely identifying the problems and the remedies.
Vedic Astrology is the oldest form of astrology being practiced in India from thousands of years, much before the origin of western astrology. Astrologer Sunny Sharma is among the leading Vedic astrologers who has find a mention in the list of Best Astrologer in India 2020. He has outlined the major differences in vedic and western astrology mentioned below:
* Origin: As the name suggests, western astrology and vedic astrology are derived out of two different schools of thoughts that can be differentiated on basis of their geographies - eastern world and western world.
The roots of vedic astrology can be traced back to vedic period and finds mention in the oldest scriptures of the mankind, Vedas. Vedic astrology birth charts were read by the saints and seers of thousands of years ago.
Whereas Western Astrology has its roots in the mighty civilisation of Greece and the Egyptian civilisation.
* Astrological Calculations: Vedic astrology is based on the concept of “Sidereal Zodiac” where the astrological system is fixed around which nine planets revolve. It takes into consideration the duration earth takes to revolve around the sun with respect to Chitra, the fixed star. The sidereal year is 20 minutes longer in comparison to tropical year.
Western astrology is based on “Tropical year” which is entire movable zodiac, nothing fixed.
* Planets: Vedic astrology predictions make use of 9 planets, 27 lunar constellations, called Nakshatras, under 12 zodiac signs. The nine planets used by vedic astrologers are Sun, moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, Mars, Rahu-Ketu and the two nodes of the Moon.
Western astrology too makes use of 9 planets but it doesn’t have a concept of Rahu and Ketu and the two nodes of the moon. It considers Uranus, Neptune and Pluto for making future predictions, the planets which are non-existent as per vedic astrology. Western astrology also have no concept of Nakshatras or constellations.
* Time System: Vedic astrology birthchart has various dashas including Vimshottarri Dasha to study the planetary transits and predict future events. Western astrology doesn’t have dasha system. Planetary transits are analysed on the basis of their movements.
* Solar and Lunar System: Western Astrology is a sun based astrology, which emphasis more on the movement and placement of the Sun, whereas vedic astrology is a moon-based astrology.
Need Solution To Your Problems? Talk to Astrologer Online. Book your Consultation Now. Get Accurate Future Predictions, Effective Remedies & Much More From Top Astrologer. 100% Confidential. 24x7 Availability.
A soft spoken astrologer who answers all questions with accurate prediction. We could contact them several times for suggestions in our life. A person who gives light to entire world. I request to contact him with confidence.
I just found him through the internet. He has given me good insight into my life and struggle. He has given me great guidance. I m suppose to follow up in a month. Am sure his path will. help me. (USA)
Very genuine human being which you hardly see in today's world. Simple yet authentic. Will guide you in a very positive way where you remove all your fears and move ahead in life. I wish the universe creates more genuine persons who are truly a blessing in today's world. Highly recommended
Los Angeles, (USA)
I am in touch with Mr. Sunny Sharma for the last 1.5 years. My experience has always been very good even I have recommended his name to my friends and colleagues as well. All are satisfied. He is a very humble and down-to-earth person and not an arrogant person.
There are no words to describe Astrologer Sunny Ji. I have called him so many times and without any hesitation he answers all my questions so patiently as the first time. He is great. Thanks Sir.
Government Job Prediction by date of birth is possible through Vedic astrology. It is the dream of almost every young person in the country to get a job in the government sector. Who can deny the desire of clearing UPSC and become an administrative officer like IAS, IPS, IFS? Who doesn't want to serve society after...
Belonging to a Godly group of lunar mansions Swati Nakshatra lord is Vayu, the deity of air and wind, often associated with life force who can blow away obstacles and impurity like the wind he controls. In western astrology, Swati nakshatra corresponds to Arcturus star. Who is the Lord of Swati Naksha...
Level of Understanding of Aries and Scorpio Aries Man and Scorpio Woman are way apart from each other even then their characteristics attract them to one another. Aries man is an alpha male who is a born leader, passionate, and vigorous as well. He is often either childish or selfish. And yet, he is drawn...
Effects of Saturn Transit in 2021 on 12 Zodiac Signs Saturn (Shanidev) being the most malefic planet among all the planets, moved into its own zodiac sign Capricorn on January 24, 2020 and is expected to stay there till April 28, 22. After which, it will enter into another zodiac sign, Aquarius and goes in ret...
The Right and Left Eye Blinking for Female Astrology Meaning, being clarified in Indian Vedic Astrology. Nimitta Shastra, the astrology of omens, emphasis the importance of omen as well as their interpretation. Likewise, the incident and situation of omen affect their impact. The goodness or badness of omen depends upo...
Who is My Life Partner by Astrology? This question holds its place in every human mind. Astrological predictions depend upon the position of celestial bodies, and they are the most effective way to find about your future life partner. You may call it Life Partner Astrology or Future Spouse Astrology,&nbs...